Tuesday 9 February 2016

A Letter to Ross




Dear Ross,

You are my favourite.Why?Because I am the Ross in real world,well female Ross.When I see people mocking you for being divorced thrice,I see the pain inside you,because I have had failed relationships,I have lost friends.I see a person in you who has always given more importance to others' happiness,understood others and kept aside his own feelings.I felt so proud of you when you walked Carol down the aisle,like her true family and handed her over to her lover,Susan,the woman who had cost you the love of your life.It takes so much courage to give away someone who belonged to you once.I saw you giving up Emily to protect your friendship with Rachel,because hey!she might be one hell of a bitch,but yeah,she still means a lot to you.After all,you were on a break.And no one gets it.When you drove your car all the way just to rescue your friends who had abandoned you to go on a ski-trip,but declined their request to join them because Rachel didn't want you to go.When you cancelled your show just to take Rachel to the doctor and then take care of her,you looked more than a geek to me,you are such an awesome person,you are so cool,mature.There is one thing that you have taught me,not to take drastic steps when you open up your heart to someone,and don't be in a relationship just because he said he understands you.Because relationships take more than understanding to suffice,they require trust,love and patience.And when you didn't pursue your relationship with Rachel's sister because Rachel would feel hurt,and because you didn't want to lose her forever,I could see the man who speaks more from his heart,who thinks so much but always fails in love.Man,you are a geek,you fulfilled your childhood dream to be a paleontologist,you might have heard a few snide remarks for your choice of career,and your continuous lectures on dinosaurs,but I would have loved to listen to those,because I am a freaking wikipedia too.I love you Ross,for being the person you are,for not sacrificing the goodness inside you,for giving priority to the people who mean a lot to you,and being the emotional one in the group,who always ends up getting hurt.You deserved so much better than Rachel,but I guess she loved you enough to give up her dream career at Paris.I wish I had someone in my life too who I could tell that "get off the plane" (well no one ever got on an actual plane),but it is so hard to be the person who is always right,but loses everything in the end.You are such a perfect father to Ben and Emma.you love children,you love to get committed to the person you love,you love being special,boy,you are so me.But you see those are our vulnerabilities,that people take for granted,the goodness in us,the acceptance in us towards them.It's like people always feel we approve of their mis-behavior,but no we don't.Because we get hurt when they abuse us,censure us for caring for them and keep shutting us when we actually need them.Ross,you must have felt so bad when your marriage with Emily failed,but your sister found love the same night Emily left you. But,you are the man who always wins in the end.You are the ideal man,the ideal friend,the ideal husband.I don't know what happened to you and Rachel,if you actually got hitched,but I wish you all the happiness in the world.Your "unagi" skills suck though.And please don't ever play the keyboard.Haha!just kidding. Be happy and keep others happy too.

And stay just the way you are.

1 comment: