Sunday 8 November 2015

Loneliness...

 "Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect"-Margaret Mitchell

Loneliness is a disease,once you get addicted to it,it never leaves you.It's worse than smoking and drinking,it tears you apart from inside and steals your voice.I often dream about animals attacking me at night,but then,I try to scream,but I cannot hear myself-loneliness is just like that,it takes you away from what you want and what you need.Why am I writing about loneliness?Because I honestly feel we all are very lonely in this world.And why exactly we are lonely?Because we have so many people around us but none of them touch our lives.Some who do leave for better options and  a very few who stay do not have time for us.And here I am writing today about the worst feeling I have ever had in my entire life-Loneliness.

It affects me a lot more than other people living inside the stony walls of the city,because I once was a little girl with spring in my toes and sunshine in my hands.I roamed around the garden just like a butterfly and bathed in the warm light of friendship and love,but then I moved to this city.And my life changed.I felt like a prisoner,I had no one to talk to,I lost my playmates and I found myself disgusted by the way people live here,year after year,locked inside their apartment,pretending not to hear what's happening around them.I felt lost and depressed,and most importantly,very very lonely.

I started writing diaries to my imaginary friends like Harry Potter wishing that he would hear me and rescue me from this strange prison I was living.I wanted to fly away to the magical lands,to the small town I once lived,my home.

I suffered at times in silence and I felt scared about meeting new people,I engrossed myself in reading more and more books and devoted most of my time speaking to myself about my pain because my parents couldn't hear me dying inside everyday.

Loneliness is the worst thing my friend,and believe me,if you ever want to be on your own,if you ever hate yourself for not having enough friends compared to your facebook friends,then try not to feel angry inside.Go outside and talk to people,settle your mind and calm down.Because those who flaunt their super cool lifestyle on social networking sites have nothing better to do.So,don't feel upset because you are fine.

Internet makes you feel lonelier,that's something that I have realized since I joined facebook.My college life has not been that great.I started my college with ,lots of friends then they slowly walked away.I do have very few friends who I can afford to lose but I feel happy to have them around me.I do not need to pretend to people that I have a whole lot of people in my life with whom I can share my beer.

Getting out of that constant feeling to be left alone has been very difficult for me,so I decided not to be afraid of it anymore and instead be with them whom I can actually trust.I feel we are not children anymore,instead of how many do we have,we should count how many will be there after a long time when you are sitting right here and thinking about them.

Honestly,I wish this internet never ever came in our lives.Because things were so much better.People were so much happier when they didn't know what's happening in someone else's life.When people actually cared to remember others' birthdays,when we used to get greeting cards on new years and stored them in a box.Yes,that is the time I think of when I feel sad and lonely.Internet gave us a lot of access to people's private lives but made us feel more detached from people.

I do hope that anyone who feels the same,finds this useful and make sure to smile and let this loneliness go.Because there is a time for everything,and one day,you shall have it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment