Sunday 21 June 2015

Baba



I don't really believe in father's day, or mother's day or valentine's day.I think relationships should be celebrated every day.As I scrolled down my facebook home page,I found my friends posting pictures with their father or saying lovely things about them.I don't believe in public display of affection either,I think,love is special when you can cherish it alone for your own happiness.There is no point of putting it on display to show how much you love someone because that takes away the secrets of a beautiful bond and reveals itself for the pleasure of the whole world.I believe in penning my affections somewhere,where only I can enjoy it,at moments of great solitude and pain,when I know I miss that person and there are memories that we have shared together and they are only meant to stay between us.

Today,is Father's Day.I don't really prefer writing a huge essay on why my father is special to me,how he has taken care of me and what he means to me.It is really very natural to love your father,because he is the reason you are here in this world,he is the reason you have come so far in life,he is the reason your dreams came true.I have lots of pictures with my father,well,none of them are selfies but all of them are safely kept in the old photo albums.I don't feel like posting my pictures with my dad on any social networking site because they are moments that I want to keep with myself till I die.People might say I am overreacting,but the truth is that,when it comes to my parents,I prefer to keep them away from this narcissistic world of social networking.

What about my dad?My dad is the one person I can say I look up to when I break down.He hails from a a very poor family and whatever he is today,is the outcome of his own struggle.He had never been a very diligent person,he couldn't afford private tuitions so he somehow passed all the exams.He used to teach students in order to pay his college fees.I can't believe any of it when I see him getting me anything I need and never saying a no.He has made me believe in the fact that there is nothing called luck,a man shapes his own luck with his own efforts.

My father is often considered a very gullible person for trusting people.Well,the people whom he had cared for often cheated  on him,and I never see him complaining about it.He has always helped any person in need with a smile on his face.He has never complained about money .He has lent money to the poor people if they needed it more than him.But he has remained ever grateful for his life and god, for making him successful.I have never seen him sacrificing his own dignity in exchange of money or wealth or success.He still trusts people as much as he used to do earlier and I think that has made him a stronger person.

When I was small,my father had a very limited income.But instead of getting me into the local school like most people,he got me admitted to the best school in the city.He wanted me to get the best education and scarcity of money didn't dissuade him.While people in his own village used to think daughters are burdens and they should be married off as soon as possible,my father never believed in any of it.I was his dream and since I came to his life,my dreams became his dreams and he has given everything to make me laugh.

He never bought me expensive toys but got me good books to read.Whenever he had time,he would take us on trips to different places.I think a lot of people have money but few have a good heart.My father spent every penny for the welfare of his family.He had single-handedly looked after my grandparents.But I had never seen him wanting anything in return.And I think,that's why he is so happy.

I remember when the Harry Potter books used to release,he would go to the shop early in the morning to get me the first copy.Even today,when I am upset,he asks me to sit beside him and share my pain with him.He never pressurizes me about anything and supports me whole-heartedly.Wherever he goes he praises the wonderful things about me and he says how much proud he feels to have a daughter like me.I know he doesn't say that he loves me,but I know he loves me the most in this world.I still see how much skeptical he is regarding me living away from my parents once I get a job.He still thinks I am a little girl who can't take care of herself.I think that's because he knows what the world is like.

Even today,he pats my head when I can't sleep at night.He doesn't eat if I don't eat.Whenever someones says that I am just like him,I feel the greatest pride in the world.I love you baba.Thank you,for being my support,my protector,my friend,my inspiration.


1 comment:

  1. actually this reminds me of my dad, the struggle, the hard work, all bcoz of my education and to give me a better life that he wanted to have. You've really touched me through ur words Souravi... :)

    ReplyDelete