Thursday 18 June 2015

Paul



Paul's voice is like the warm sunshine on a cloudy day,the first touch of your lover's hand,the warmth of someone's smile and the glory of warfare.I have so many mixed feelings when I listen to his songs.It's hard to explain how much I owe to Beatles because it has saved me from utter decadence in the face of depression,it has exalted me to spiritual heights and filled my heart with childish laughter.One of his songs that has been a big part of my journey is "Yesterday".And I say it today and I'll always say it-I have never heard anything more hauntingly beautiful yet authentic like this song.The lyrics are so simple,they come to anyone's mind but who knew one could make a song out of them?When you add the perfect rhythm and music to your words,you create one heck of a song,and yesterday will remain one of the best masterpieces in the history of music.Another song by Paul,was of course Hey Jude that was written for Lennon's son,Julian.It's my second favourite.It's one of those songs that remains evergreen forever,it's like, if someone stands up in the middle of the night and starts singing "Heyy jude,take a sad song and make it better",you can't help but tap your feet and join him.The last but not the least,"And I love her".God! I just love that song.I wish I was a man and I could woo my lady love with that song.I can feel my heart pounding whenever Paul says "Quiet are the stars that shine,dark is the sky,I know this love of mine,will never die,And I love her".
It's so Byronic in its expressions and so soothing that you feel like falling in love with someone and write a poem on "her".

McCartney and Lennon,Lennon and McCartney,it has remained the debate of the century,well,who was the best song writer?In my opinion,I never thought one overshadowed the other;they always complimented each other and came up with legendary compositions.They were inseparable till the Beatles split up.Lennon used to say that while Paul came up with melancholy lyrics,he used to come up with happy songs.They were "Brothers in arms" indeed!


I still follow Paul on facebook and twitter.While most people argue that he has lost significance since the 80's,and all he does is shitty collaborations with upcoming musicians,I tend to disagree with them,vehemently.Paul McCartney will never loose significance,musicians can come and go,but for me,he will remain one of the best voices of music.If I die someday,then it will be his voice that I wish to hear before I close my eyes.

Happy Birthday Paul,I wanna hold your hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment